MedCruise’s new board of directors has been revealed, following last week's annoucement that Figen Ayan, chief port officer, Galataport Istanbul is to become the association’s new president.
Ayan succeeds Aris Batsoulis who completed a year-long term.
Fresh board of directors
The 12 new members retain their position through 2024 representing their respective ports and include:
- Francesca Antonelli, senior vp – Valencia, Spain
- Lorenzo Vera, vp – Motril-Granada, Spain
- Aris Batsoulis – Corfu, Greece
- Silvia Coppolino – Taranto, Italy
- Cristina De Gregori – Genoa-Savona, Italy
- Aziz Gungor – Kusadasi-Bodrum, Turkey
- Valeria Mangiarotti, Sardinian Ports, Italy
- Doru Mihai – Constantza, Romania
- Jamil Ouazzani – Tangier, Morocco
- Theodora Riga – Thessaloniki, Greece
- Anne-Marie Spinosi – Bastia-North Corsica Ports, France
- Elisa Zamora – Tenerife Ports, Spain
Reappointed as MedCruise’s secretary general is Aimilia Papachristou.
The association represents 140 boutique and marquee cruise ports from 21 countries in the Mediterranean and its adjoining seas.